Learn to throw pots and paint with one of the UK’s leading majolica potters. The course location is set in a beautiful rural village beside Fitzhead Church and Tithe barn with a good local pub and B&B.
COVID-secure days bookable now. Masks can be worn for closeup work on the wheel.
She is unusual among potters in that she is also a painter. She studied Fine Art (painting) at the Central School of Art and was apprenticed to the renowned Alan Caiger-Smith at Aldermaston Pottery. In her 30 year career, Nicola has established a national reputation for her painted tin-glazed earthenware.
Day courses in Nicola’s light and airy studio.
- Introduction to majolica pottery
- Coffee and demonstration by Nicola
- Learn the basics of throwing pots on the wheel
- Three wheels available for everyone to have a go
- Discover the delicate art of painting on tiles
- Lunch – a potter’s lunch of home made soup, bread, cheese and fruit (dietary needs can be catered for) or your own picnic if your prefer
- Tea and cake
- Your two painted tiles will be fired and posted to you
- Aprons but please wear old clothes also long nails not ideal for throwing!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Your thrown pots can be fired, glazed and posted to you
- There will be a charge to cover this, based on number and weight of pots
WHAT IT COSTS:
- £125 per person and group organiser £100
- Ideal therapeutic present, vouchers available
- Subsequent days available too.
COURSE TIME & DATES: